This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Adobe flash player 8

7 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Dear Person: Heeere we gooo again….New problem….1st…I'm a bonefide newbie… :pullhair: I'm currently searching the internet for a work-at-home program…Some of the web pages have info movie clips…I presently do not have any version of Adobe Flash Player installed… Reasons:..I was having a problem with AFP causing an internet error which took me offline…So I uninstalled it for the newer version (9)…..That one was just as bad or worse… I contacted Adobe tech & they told me to get the older version , which I did… My processor speed is tooo slow for Adobe 9 or the newer version 10… The problem is that I can not figure out how to install Adobe 8 Flash player… I have a screenshot below showing what I'm up against… I've been informed that Adobe no longer supports the older versions….I also went to their forum looking for help..The first 4 pages are about Adobe 10..(Is Adobe a foreign word for a yellow fruit you use in iced tea ??) …. I'm getting a little fed up with jumping thru 16 hoops to get one score….A simple install is all I want to do so I can see those clips…Any help WILL be appreciated…Thanks VERY much…. :wacko: [attachment removed]
Welcome back RonM,

Please open your Add and Remove utility and take a screen shot of any Adobe installations that maybe showing at the top………thanks

Please post back with the shot attached to this thread.

best regards,
Hey, tallin: :wavey: …Good to hear from you again…Sorry about the long delay here…Not my fault tho (I think)…Was patiently waiting for an email notice from WTT !! …..Didn't get one , ( I'd like to know why ) so I thought I'd check WTT & consider moveing the post to another forum…Nice suprise to see you here…Anyway , here's the screenshot you asked for …..You'll notice a program called: "Macromedia Flash Player 8 "…I googled for "Adobe Flash Player 8 " free download & that's as close as I got for a replacement (?)…..Thank you , see ya later….PS: I removed ALL remnants of AFP , used their uninstaller + computer search…

.[attachment removed]…PPS: Please don't be upset with my new avatar..Previously , you or Vectris weren't too happy about comments I made about my age…As Popeye , the sailor said : I yam what I yam…hahaha….
Hi RonM,

Wondered where you had gotten to? Some other members including me have had an email notification problem also. You are not the only one.

If you have another email address, change the current one to it in your profile to see if that helps, stay with the second email address until things settle down, then you can change back to the original. Administration is aware of the problem.

Regardiing FlashPlayer ver:8.0 As you can see it is present in your Add and Remove utility. Is it not working for you with your day to day activities surfing the internet?

I notice I have Adobe Shockwave Player installed so perhaps you could try it to see if that improves your viewing activities.

Here you can verify what you have installed on your computer.

Let us know how you get on.

Best regards,
Dear tallin: I guess that we will just have to make periodic checks here to see replies until they get the problen fixed…I do not have another email address to use…

Regarding FlashPlayer ver:8.0 As you can see it is present in your Add and Remove utility

Where? I looked…

Is it not working for you with your day to day activities surfing the internet?

Whatever is there , isn't working….

Here you can verify what you have installed on your computer.

I went there & after a few mins , here's what showed up…Please see screenshot attached…
[attachment removed]
Please take note that Adobe is showing that Adobe Flash Player is installed…Again , Where ?
The only thing close that I see is: Adobe Flash Player 10 Activex @ 0.68 mb…First up , AFP 10 will not work in my computer (too slow a speed)…Second: That's only an Activex control & to my meagher knowledge , not the operating program…Please correct me if I'm wrong…
One last quote from this page:

You are currently receiving email notification of replies

I hope they fix this sooon !!…See ya later & Thanks….. :)
Hi Ron,

I guess that we will just have to make periodic checks here to see replies until they get the problen fixed…I do not have another email address to use…

I suggest you create another email address from one of the following as you really do need more than one for instances as you now find yourself in. After you create it, then insert it in the appropriate spot in your profile then I am sure your email notifications will be up and running again.

______________

Regarding your installation of Adobe FlashPlayer v 8.0 . It is the third from the bottom in your first screen shot in this thread. "Macromedia FlashPlayer 8". If it does not work, uninstall it with this utility. Of course if you do, and version 9 does not work with your system, I have no answer for you.

Please take note that Adobe is showing that Adobe Flash Player is installed…Again , Where ?

Information given above.

First up , AFP 10 will not work in my computer (too slow a speed).

I see the Adobe technician told you that Adobe Flash Player 10 will not work on your system? Please send me more information about your Computer:

  • Right Click on My Computer on your desktop
  • Properties
Please post back the details with a screenshot…….thanks.

Second: That's only an Activex control & to my meagher knowledge , not the operating program…Please correct me if I'm wrong…

You are right, Active X is not the Operating program, it is an additive/plug-in to it so you can access most everything when browsing the internet as with your Jave Runtime Environment 6 update 7 is and other helpful plug-ins.

Ron, maybe one of the other techs will step in here to assist as I am all out of ideas for you until I see the screenshot of your system specs as requested.

Best regards,
Dear tallin: I will consider getting another email address…That said…I think that it is up to WTT to correct their problem…..If memory serves me correctly , I don't think my computer will handle Adobe 9 either….So it looks like 8 or below…Here is the screenshot you asked for:

[attachment removed]

I will try to contact you thru the WTT "contact member" fearure…If they have it… :huh: ….See ya later & Thanks
Hi Ron.M,

I do not see any help for you with the result of your screen shot unless you upgrade Hardware on your existing system. Sorry but that is the fact of life as a Pentium11 and so little RAM (640MB) has really long been superseded now and the software offered has moved on with great strides. To run your OS comfortably it takes at least 512 MB RAM without your system doing much else.

Please read the Terms of Use especially this quote from it

Help is permitted in the forums only. No support is offered, or allowed via Personal Message or email.

under What the Tech Support Forum Rules, Policies and Disclaimers item #3.

WTT has fixed the email notification problem, unfortunately you still have it, so I suggest you PM an Administrator or Moderator to bring your lack of email notification to their attention. Changing the email address in your profile is the easy way to do it as it worked for me.

I will answer your PM, but do not help via PM….It is against the Terms of Use as pointed out above.

Best regards,
Dear tallin:…1st:…

Help is permitted in the forums only. No support is offered, or allowed via Personal Message or email

I have NO intentions of asking for any help thru PM's…What I thought would happen is that I would get an email message that a post was made…That obviously did not happen that way…Instead it went to your message box…It was worth a try…

I will answer your PM, but do not help via PM….It is against the Terms of Use as pointed out above

I have absolutely no problem with this…

WTT has fixed the email notification problem, unfortunately you still have it, so I suggest you PM an Administrator or Moderator to bring your lack of email notification to their attention

If you could please tell me how to do this , I will…

Finally:..I guess I'll just have to live with the Adobe problem , as an upgrade or new computer is waaay out of my budget right now… Thanks for all your efforts….. :thumbup:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI