Hello
Happy New Year!
I am having a problem downloading Adobe Flash. I get a message on various sites saying that I have an old or no flash program installed.
I am directed to their site and click download. However, despite a message saying that it has succesfully installed this has patently not happened. In 'Add/Remove Programs' there is an entry for adobe flash but nothing indicating it is actually there (in terms of a program size, if you follow me)
Any ideas?
Thanks in anticipation.
The Adobe Flash player has had some issues with updating in recent times. I would suggest uninstalling the player first, but you can only uninstall it with the Adobe Flash Uninstaller. Use the following instructions to resolve the issue: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase…cfm?id=tn_14157
Further to the above.
I have a program (Regscrub XP) which I use to periodically detect and clean registry problems (I think - I'm far from an expert on this).
After the above problem with Flash I used Regscrub to fix about 19 problems (usually about 5). Low and behold I had lost the flash player again!
I did a system restore and flash is OK again. However I am now loathe to run the Regscrub program (in fact I've taken the link off my desktop, whilst retaining the program).
However, I'm wondering why this should be? Does this indicate that the flash update has not installed properly (although it seems to be working OK - eg plays Youtube videos etc)?
Any ideas, anyone ?
Thanks.
Glad to hear that resolved your issue :). As for your second post, I think this is a common problem with RegScrub. I encountered many references to the issue while searching the internet. It seems to incorrectly delete some shockwave entries from the registry. I would advise you to be careful with registry cleaning utilities as they can cause more problems than they fix. Try CCleaner or EasyCleaner as alternatives only if you need them.
Thank you once again, Ax.
I regularly use CCleaner so I will stick to that in future.
It's always comforting to know that I am not alone with these problems.
Regards
Nelclaret