Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet explorer and CPU usage

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 scudo

scudo

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:48 PM

When I use Internet explorer my CPU usage most times runs at 100%, this is the figurejust after booting up and before I surf the net but just been on to say one web site, After I close the website the CPU tends to stay at 100% until I go into `task manager` and shut down Iexplorer. It then returns to something like 2%. Using this forum has had it peak at 100% on several ocassions. Is this normal? If not what can I do as it slows my PC down. thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:44 PM

Hi scudo, What operating system are you running? You do not say in your profile which would be helpful if you did :whistling: . Have you cleaned out the dust bunnies from your tower? Dust can cause the problem you are having amongst many other issues, but let us start with dust cleaning. kind regards,

#3 scudo

scudo

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:22 PM

Oooops sorry its win xp sp2 been about a 6 months since I done the dusting. No harm in giving another clean though.

#4 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:49 PM

Hi scudo,

I am sorry I forgot to post how to clean out the dustbunnies.

Once a month is mandatory for maintenance me thinks.

Let us know how you go,

best regards,

#5 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:08 PM

Sounds like one of the Add-ons is causing problems. Try disabling all of them and see if that helps. If yes, then enable the a few at a time till you find the culprit. You do this via Tools / Manage Add-ons.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown