This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet explorer and CPU usage

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When I use Internet explorer my CPU usage most times runs at 100%, this is the figurejust after booting up and before I surf the net but just been on to say one web site, After I close the website the CPU tends to stay at 100% until I go into `task manager` and shut down Iexplorer. It then returns to something like 2%. Using this forum has had it peak at 100% on several ocassions. Is this normal? If not what can I do as it slows my PC down. thanks
Hi scudo, What operating system are you running? You do not say in your profile which would be helpful if you did :whistling: . Have you cleaned out the dust bunnies from your tower? Dust can cause the problem you are having amongst many other issues, but let us start with dust cleaning. kind regards,
Sounds like one of the Add-ons is causing problems. Try disabling all of them and see if that helps. If yes, then enable the a few at a time till you find the culprit. You do this via Tools / Manage Add-ons.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI