This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

CPU 100%

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I don't know what is causing this problem. My hardware is as follows: Asus A7N8X M/B; AMD 2400 CPU; 2gb ram; Built around 2004; Running Windows home XP. The problem starts when I load Internet Explorer. The software slows way down and then stops. When I check Task manager under processes it shows "iexplore.exe at 97%. When I end program "system idle go to 95% give or take. This whole thing is intermittent. Right now it is working fine. If I start loading different pages say surfing it will soon act-up. Any help would be great.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI