This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Microsoft Windows XP Registry repair

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

With all of the vendors claiming to have THE REGISTRY REPAIR answer can anyone tell me which utility really is the best to use. Or, does Microsoft offer one to it's partners for free? Each on-line one I've tried finds 368 errors and cleans 13 unless I buy it. Before I do, I'd really like to know. Thanks, Steve K.
Hello Steve

Welcome to the Whatthetech Malware Removal Forum,

Registry Cleaners are not recommended, if you fix eveything it finds successfully, you will see no difference in your system, if it does not fix everything successfully, you can then use your computer for a doorstop . Most reg cleaners are legit, but even the better ones have been known to remove the wrong entries, if they do they can make your system inoperable. I have been around computers since Windows 3.1 and have never had any need for a Registry Cleaner.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI