This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Registry backup

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello Dooes anyone have any comments about the new post xp registry backup program? I had trouble with erunt so am glad one is finally out. I don't know if I can cite locations so please let me know so others can comment and benefit.

Peter, is this the same one that Shane is writing? If so you already have a thread open on that: http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=123250

It is code complete so the 0.9.8 beta versions is safe to use.



Hi Rich
I have gotten grief from some forums I have tried to spread the word to about the new registry backup.
I am trying to respect each forums rules yet let low level users know there is a new program for them.
I think I goofed a bit and am also behind with the releases. Good thing I am not writing code.
Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Peter

Peter, is this the same one that Shane is writing? If so you already have a thread open on that: http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=123250

It is code complete so the 0.9.8 beta versions is safe to use.



>>Rich
I am curious as to how to schedule if at all. I have mine set to 14 days to drop off the old but don' t know if it is a good idea to set to have no schedule and backup as necessary or to set up for log on or startup.
Could you suggest; we sign in to passowrd protected lap and desk about 6 times a day- each
Peter.
A scheduled backup is convenient but not necessary. My computer gets turned on in the morning and shuts down after Acronis finishes it' backup. I have tweak backup scheduled to run whenever I boot the computer. I'm leaving it at 30 days before deleting old one right now but will eventually go to 15 days like you have it set.

A scheduled backup is convenient but not necessary. My computer gets turned on in the morning and shuts down after Acronis finishes it' backup.

I have tweak backup scheduled to run whenever I boot the computer. I'm leaving it at 30 days before deleting old one right now but will eventually go to 15 days like you have it set.




I will go to the forum for Q+A as I do not want to violate rules here. I tried schedule but I did not know if the paswords were the same for pc protect at sign on or a new one for tweak. Even when I tried log on, the password box came up so I canceled it and it still seems to work. is the password just for tweak or is it your log on one?
I tried startup but it does not work on either pc as I boot up, log on and see nothing under windows explorer.
I think the ideal is 11 am for 14 days, drop off 14 days, friday, password(if understaood), BUT it is easier for me to do log on.
I guess I will set them for log off as that works and use 14 days to drop off.
Btw, I changed VSC in services.msc to start and lost my restore points,but, tweak retored all -you did a fine job.
Thanx again

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI