Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 92333 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

registry repair

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:15 PM

I found it was never a good idea to run a registry cleaner.

However, I found this seemingly different way of doing so with the link I included.

Does anyone have an opinion of this way of cleaning the registry?

https://www.regsofts...stry_repair.htm

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,963 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:29 PM

It's pure BS.  There are often hundreds, even thousands of dead or invalid links in the registry. They hurt nothing. There is no valid reason to ever run a registry cleaner.

Having said that, I usually run CCleaner registry cleaner every couple months just because it makes me feel good. It does absolutely nothing to improve the performance or stability of my computer. The only people who say it does are the people who write these programs.

As long as you continue to have good Macrium backups then it won't hurt you to play with these but just be aware they will do nothing positive for your computer.

Rich

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.