This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Registry fixer?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've been on occasion getting error messages and I heard on komando.com that this can be because of registry errors. Can you recommend any registry fixing program to fix errors and such? Thanks.
Hi :).

Can you recommend any registry fixing program to fix errors and such? Thanks.

Personally I would not advocate the use of such applications because of the possible ramifications of ending up with a badly borked Operating System.

Saying that if you do use such, always create a backup of the registry first. Reason being even though many of these applications will create a backup of anything removed, always in my experience problematic whether or not if something mistakenly removed can be actually restored form a registry cleaning application backup successfully.

Two viable method's of creating a stand alone registry backup:
  • Application:
  • Please use the following link to download ERUNT
  • Use the setup program to install ERUNT on your computer
Click Erunt.exe to backup your registry to the folder of your choice.

Note: to restore your registry, go to the folder and start ERDNT.exe

  • Manual:
Go to Start >> Run and type:regedit
Click OK.
  • On the left side, click to highlight My Computer at the top.
  • Go up to File >> Export
    • Make sure in that window there is a tick next to All under Export Branch.Leave the "Save As Type" as "Registration Files".
      Under "Filename" put "backup"
  • Choose to save it to C:\ or somewhere else safe so that you will remember where you put it (don't put it on the desktop!)
  • Click save and then go to File >> Exit.
Note: to restore your registry, merely double click on the saved backup, follow the prompts to merge with the registry.

Thanks.

You're welcome :).

I have found a more reliable application of the nature your initial inquiry was about: Lexun RegScrubXP 3.25.

I had heard of this but never tried it, so out of curiosity I did on my test rig with favorable results. It creates backups of anything removed and has the inbuilt capacity to create a full registry backup, plus a comprehensive help file. Only downside it comes bundled with various XP Tweaks I personally think a unwise add-on but thats just my opinion.

Now I am not advocating this application as a must download/install but it is one of the more reliable in its genre. If you do opt to use this application, I cannot stress enough: please follow my advice in post # 3 :).

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI