This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Advice On Registry Cleaners

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I am curious how many have tried a registry, such as the RegCure advertised hyere and the results, especially:

1. Are they safe and trustworthy (I ran the test scan and it wants to delete almost 2000 files!

2. Are they worth the money spent on them.

3. Is there any one in particular found to be more reliable than others.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Biker-T

I am curious how many have tried a registry, such as the RegCure advertised hyere and the results, especially:

1. Are they safe and trustworthy (I ran the test scan and it wants to delete almost 2000 files!

2. Are they worth the money spent on them.

3. Is there any one in particular found to be more reliable than others.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Biker-T


Hi Biker-T,

Registry Cleaners, so many opinions about them in the end it will be your decision.

However with my experience I now do not use them at all, although I do have one installed (Registry Fix not free) on this PC.

The reason I do not use it is advice from learned Tech's on this forum mainly. Too servere so instead I use Cleanup 4.5.2
http://www.stevengould.org/index.php?optio…8&Itemid=70

AND

CCleaner alternatively daily with great success. You will find it here http://www.ccleaner.com/

See what you think, but in my opinion keep away from Registry cleaners if I were you!

kind regards,
Thanks, that is what I was thinking. I think anything that wants to eliminate 2000 files on a computer that is running relatively good is bound to make some mistakes. I use CCleaner already daily as well as 4 different spyware progframs a couple of times a week. Biker-T

Thanks, that is what I was thinking. I think anything that wants to eliminate 2000 files on a computer that is running relatively good is bound to make some mistakes.

I use CCleaner already daily as well as 4 different spyware progframs a couple of times a week.

Biker-T


Good choice.; :thumbup: