Hello everyone
I use the "msconfig utility" in windows to switch between normal start up and selective start up. I do this to free up resources for games and other resource dependent softwear I run. The other day when I completed switching from clean boot mode back to normal start up mode, my running program icons were missing. The list includes anti-spy/virus and a firewall. The program are still present on the computer and are running normally. They just don't appear in the icon tray on the bottom right of the screen after what is suppose to be a normal boot-up. I assume from this that the associated programs are not active until I manually execute them. How do I restore / reconstruct my original start-up menu??
thanks for any help
thanks for your response
I am sorry if my question is a bit confusing..I am not up on all the names of these things. In any case, I am talking about the area directly left of the clock which shows icons of what's running on the computer. Yes I have tried several times to reboot by adjusting for "normal start up" in the "msconfig utility". This is what I normally would do when switching back to normal start up…………now however when I do this, the icons are not present.
thanks
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI