This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

WinXP

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I am missing the frequently used icons in the Start section on the left of the screen when you click on the Start button. I have no idea what happened, they were just not there one day when I logged on! I'm running Win XP SP3 and I update frequently. Any clue what might have done this and how I can get the feature restored? Thanks in advance for your help! Taz :)
Hi, Try this: 1 Right click on Start 2 Click on Properties 3 Click on Start menu ( tab at the top) 4 Click Customise 5 Under Programs, Set number of Programs under Start menu to 8 6 Click OK see if this helps Regards paws
Hi Paws.. I tried that but nothing happened. I actually had it set to 6. Have now changed it to 8. The area is blank….seems strange. SOMETHING has to be set somewhere for this to happen is my guess. I just don't know where… Taz
Ztrucker, Thanks for the link. I went into the registry and found the culprit. No Instrumentation was enabled, so I disabled it and the MFU is now tracking recently used programs. Thanks for the tip! Regards, Taz :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI