This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

No OE 6.0 Email?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Over the weekend I found myself with the Antivirus 2009 infection. I took steps to remove it. It seems to be gone. Unfortunately my OE 6.0 email program seems to be gone also. When I click it all I get is the blue banner that never goes the next step to get me in my email. If I do a CTRL/ALT/DELETE I can see the process running. Any help? A day with without email is like a day without sunshine! Thank you,
Hi dpHenry,

In addition to Tallin's sensible advice, here are your repair options for OE 6
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

If there are contacts and emails you wish to save, consider doing so before taking these steps.
With a broke OE 6, you may or may not be able to use these MS instructions, but it will still give you an overview of what you are dealing with.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670

Outlook Express 6.0 use a Windows Address Book (.wab) file to store Address Book

.dbx files are used by Microsoft's Outlook express email application and contain your email messages.
Here's a description of how to locate these folders that contain your inbox etc.
http://dotwhat.net/dbx/1202/

When you are finished with repairing OE 6.0, you should be able to "import" the .wab and .dbx files to restore your address book and email folders.

Best Regards
I am doing as requested, I also posted my HJT log to http://forums.whatthetech.com/Slow_Running…ues_t96448.html

Sorry to be such a pain, I am a one man operation and my IT skills are obviously limited.

📎dphenry_HJT_Log.txt

Edit: Hi dphenry, I've removed your HJT Log from this post and re-uploaded it as an attached file.
We don't analyze HJT Logs here in the Tech Forums.
You have correctly posted to the Malware Removal Forum.
Please complete any Malware Removal work in that Forum.

I hope to see you back here to follow-up on other issues, once you have any malware situation controlled.

Best Regards,
Doug

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI