This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Not Able To Delete Email?

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My OE 6.0 seems to be running fine, cept I cannot delete email messages that have stationary or a logo graphic as a part of the email message. Help?

Should I compact everything or just the inbox?

You are given an option?

I only use Outlook Express for newgroups but I don't see where you can choose inbox or anything else.

If that does not work, try running Error-Checking on the drive.
Hi dphenry, and hello my friend Digerati.

dphenry
Run error checking

Using My Computer or Windows Explorer, Right-Click on the Drive you wish to scan and repair (most likely C:\)
Select - Properties (from the pull-down menu)
Select - Tools(tab)
In the "Error Checking" item - Click - Check Now
In the option box that appear place a checkmark/tick in front of both:
  • Automatically fix file system errors
  • Scan for and attempt to recover bad sectors

You will next see a warning alert that Check Disk is able to run because the Drive is in use or that the the procedure requires exclusive access to t he drive. You will be asked if you want to run Check Disk the next time your machine boots.
Answer: Yes
Reboot and allow Check Disk to run. (it will start automatically and will proceed to load Windows when it is finished.


If Error Correcting CHECK DISK does identify and attempt to repair bad sectors, you should run CHECK DISK more than one time, until no errors are identified.

Note:

From reviewing your other recent thread, it might be a good idea to post a new HJT in a new thread over in our Malware Removal Forum to assure that you are not dealing with a Trojan infection.

Best Regards
Doug
I have followed the instructions with no success. Here's my update. I can set up a new email file called NEEDS DELETED. Then, when I encounter an email that I cannot delete, I transfer it to that file. Then at the end of each day I delete that file and start new the next day. It's a pain, but it sems to work for now. Any other ideas?
I have followed the instructions with no success. Here's my update. I can set up a new email file called NEEDS DELETED. Then, when I encounter an email that I cannot delete, I transfer it to that file. Then at the end of each day I delete that file and start new the next day. It's a pain, but it sems to work for now. Any other ideas?

This is my original post: http://forums.whatthetech.com/Not_Able_To_…l=cannot+delete

Attached are logs as requested:


Please help, the problem still exists.

Thank you,

I have followed the instructions with no success. Here's my update. I can set up a new email file called NEEDS DELETED. Then, when I encounter an email that I cannot delete, I transfer it to that file.


Do you mean you created a new FOLDER and you put the mail messages inside it and delete the folder ?


When you say you "can't delete" a mail message with the stationary or graphic signature…..Do you see an error message ?

How are you deleting it ?

Are you right-clicking on it and choosing -delete- ?


Are you using your OLE 6.0 as a POP3 mail client or an IMAP client ?

Tallon41
Yes, I created a new FOLDER called NEEDS DELETED, when I cannot delete an email from my INBOX I move the email to that FOLDER, and then on a regular basis I delete that FOLDER. No error message, the email just stays there. I try to delete by clicking the red DELETE X or I right click and try to delete that way, unfortunately with no success. I think that I am using POP3, how do I confirm that? Than you!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI