Hello
I tried to post in spyware but was denied access so I'm hoping someone can answer a little question.
I have spyware blaster which acts like real time protection but isn't, Mcafee suite which has real time protection enabled, and now Windows Defender which also has real time protection enabled.
I always thought you should only have one R.T.P. enabled . Is this the case and if so which should I disable?
Thank you for the help
Generally you are correct, only one of the same type of scanner running at once should be used. Spyware Blaster is, as you noted, different and generally can be run at the same time as another. As for McAfee and Windows Defender, as tallin noted, you should disable WD.
Note there is no harm in running similar scanners, but it is a waste of resources, and may cause confusion for the scanners if one program attempts to protect a file the other program is monitoring. Two dogs guarding the same bone.
Self help fixes for spyware/malware was the forum I could not post in.
I removed Superantispyware and after reading PC mag o.l. Ichose Windows Defender. I have disabled real time protection in this program so Mcafee is the only one running R.T.P.
I keep Spyware Blaster as I have used it for quite awhile with success -it is not R.T.P.
Thanx alot for all the help
Self help fixes for spyware/malware was the forum I could not post in.
As the above forum is dedicated to giving details of specific malware removal procedures that ordinary members of the public could follow, it needs to be, accurate, authorative, and written by people expert not only in malware removal, but also in writing detailed and understandable procedure notes.
For this reason as a rule only those who are trained, expert and approved by the Forum authorities are encouraged to place a post there.
As anyone who can find their way to the forum could read and act upon the procedures given, I'm sure you can understand that the material needs to be 100% in all respects to avoid folks risking damaging their machines.
I was pleased to see that things are all OK now with your computer..
well done
I now understand; I thought people could post questions re: spyware and receive replies accordingly.
I shall peruse it to pick up tips, and thank you for your reply
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI