This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

In Real Time

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi

Can Malwarebytes and ESET's Nod32 Smart Security real time protection be used in conjunction with one another ?
I can't find direct info with a quick search, but I'm pretty sure the answer is No, the rule of thumb is you must have only 1 product of each type running real time cover, so 1 firewall (this includes windows own, but excludes routers), 1 anti virus and 1 anti spyware, running more than 1 of each can cause conflict, there are rare exception(s), ThreatFire can be run alongside an active anti virus, but it's the only one I know of personally, there may be others I'm not aware of, but rule of thumb for real time cover is 1 of each type running at the same time. You can however still use other scanners as standalone protection, but you must remember to disable\pause real time cover from your other source before running anything else, including online scans, hope this helps.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI