This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Install AVG Free

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have downloaded the new free AVG 8 from a number of sites but when I try to install them I keep getting the message "File is Corrupt" This is a newer version of what I have used for the last couple of years and before I tried to install the new one I've 'purged' my PC of all references to the older version.
Did you use the AVG removal tool to remove the old installation?

http://www.avg.com/download-tools - removal tool can be downloaded from here.

If you still have no luck why not try one of the other free anti-virus software?

personally I use Avira AntiVir - It is fantastic I really recommend it

http://www.free-av.com/en/download/1/downl…_antivirus.html

I know of many people who rave equally about Avast antivirus….

http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

in fact many people rate AVG third behind those two
I also use Avira AntiVir. It consumes a lot less resources than AVG 8 (no E-mail scanner though) but it does have a nag screen that pops up rather often. There is a way to get rid of it that I can post if interested.
thehawk70. :welcome: You have come to the best forum with lots to read and learn…enjoy. I can recommend Avast Home Edition as I have it on my systems. kind regards,
thehawk, I had a similar problem with AVG not installing. Unfortunately I never got it to work, my dad eventually re-installed the OS due to other problems and in doing that it fixed it, but I don't think you want to do that just for AVG.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI