Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Connection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 hombre

hombre

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:08 AM

Hi, Im having problems with my internet connection. It will occasionally cut off while I am surfing. However my wireless connection says that it is still connected and if I am downloading anything, then that will carry on downloading. Then when I go into Internet Explorer, the pages will not connect. Help!!! :-)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Dargoroth

Dargoroth

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:23 AM

Have you tried using any other browsers? eg. Firefox? Sounds like there's something wrong with your DNS, or your browser settings. What about instant messaging programs, MSN, yahoo, or aim? OR online games? Do they all stay connected when the browser stops working?

#3 hombre

hombre

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:34 AM

I dont use MSN often and I dont have any online games. I run my downloads through bitcomet. Could this be the problem? Or should I try firefox first??

#4 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:17 PM

Hi hombre,

BitComet may or may not be a problem in the way that you use it.
However, Since BitComet is a client to facilitate P2P file-sharing functions, WTT does not support it.
Consult the Terms Of Use:
http://forums.whatth...boardrules.html

We will not support or allow the discussion of any peer to peer (P2P) applications, except for their removal.

Since you are enrolled in Classroom, you may benefit from inquiring with one of your Classroom Teachers if you have any additional questions.
________________________________________________________________________________
______

For general connectivity issues, you can safely perform the following:

On the machine that is having erratic connection, perform the following:

Start - Run - (type)cmd
this will bring up a DOS Box display with a blinking cursor

At the blinking cursor type the following commands in sequence, waiting for the procedures to complete before entering the next command:

ipconfig /release - enter <-- notice the required space before the "/"
ipconfig /renew - enter <-- notice the required space before the "/"
ipconfig /flushDNS - enter <-- notice the required space before the "/"

(Each of the above ipconfig steps may take from a few seconds to a minute or so to complete.
Wait for the blinking cursor to return before moving on to typing the next command.)

If the above does not remedy the problem, try this Next:
go here:
http://files.webatta...insockxpFix.exe
Download Winsockxpfix.exe to your Desktop

Run Winsockxpfix.exe

For additional information about Winsockfix.exe you may read, here:
The graphical presentation walks the user through the entire process.
http://www.iup.edu/h...net/winfix.shtm

I will be closing this topic.
If you disagree or have any questions about that action, please send me a PM, or PM an Admin / Global Moderator.

Best Regards,
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.