This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Hi all

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello all, I just wanted to say a big HI to everyone here. Everyone seems very helpful on this forum. :) with good help being distributed. I live in the UK and I actually work in computers. :blush: I have to admit however that my problem on my own computer is being a right pain. I'm currently at work at the moment hoping to get back on my home Pc and investigate further. I will be leaving at 5pm pretty sharp. So you might here me moaning later on :pullhair:
:welcome: Morratut,

Good to see you have joined us.

I would suggest you browse this link for New Members and also before you do that, maybe any problems you are having are able to be solved in one or other of the technical forums.

Choose the correct forum by following this link also and see how you go.

Enjoy the forum and post back with more information on the correct forum as we are happy to assist.

kind regards,
This site is the reason I got rid of the viruses which plagued my PC a week back. I could tell you was swamped with requests for help. I read up on a lot of useful information here. After removing the viruses I've now paid for Kaspersky and Malwarebytes. :thumbup:

This site is the reason I got rid of the viruses which plagued my PC a week back. I could tell you was swamped with requests for help. I read up on a lot of useful information here. After removing the viruses I've now paid for Kaspersky and Malwarebytes. :thumbup:

Hi Morratut,

Glad you are free of Malware now, but why did you pay for Malwarebytes Antspyware as it is free on this link included.

Kaspersky online scan is free, but I realise you need to buy the software to clear and protect your computer continually.

kind regards,
I was just so glad that the combination of Kaspersky and Malwarebytes worked I was willing to pay for the software. Malwarebytes is now up and running constantly alongside Kaspersky just in case :thumbup: I can't believe how much of a irritation is was when I had the viruses. I don't want to have to go through that again. :angry: I've even started using Firefox now instead of IE 7. People recommend it for being slightly more secure.
:friends: \/\/3LCO/\/\3 @B0ARD.

This is a great site with a ton of information and links to more info. make sure your Hijackthis is updated if you need help. They will get to your HJT log if you have posted one in the forum..
Practice safe surfing habits to reduce the odds of infections in the future.
  • Use a non-admin user accounts for every day surfing
  • Disable Third-Party browser extensions in "Internet options" then "Advanced"
  • Use Internet Explorer (No-Add-on's) for web exploring
  • Consider using Google's cache feature, to view web pages
  • Turn off JAVA until needed
  • Update JAVA and delete old JAVA files
  • Update Windows & IE
  • Use an updated AntiVirus, Firewall, and AntiSpyware

Good luck…

nocturnal-001

The only safe computer is unpluged.