I have a HP Pavilion a450n
This PC lags while i'm online or playing my favorite MMORPG, of course it's worse in the games.
The lag occurs when the PC goes into a lower gear or shifts gears. Yes, I know there are not actuall gears. What I hear is a motor kick on, a fan and churning and spinning like it's defraging the hard drive. If I look inside the tower I don't actuall see any 2nd fan turning on. My guess is the PC is accessing the hard drive or cdRom or something else. This power surge then lags my conection. What is being accessed every 4mins while i'm playing, and every 10mins when I'm online? Can it be fixed? Worked around? Unplugged?
PC DETAILS
CPU
2 processors running - Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz PASS
CPU Speed
You Have: 3.00 GHz Performance Rated at 4.50 GHz
System RAM
2.0 GB
Operating System
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build Service Pack 22600)
Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS (GeForce 7600 GS)
Sound Card
You Have: Realtek AC97 Audio PASS
Free Disk Space
28.5 GB
Hi Kirshna,
No one else has answered your thread, so here is a simple question to start helping you with your query.
How long is it since you cleaned the dust bunnies out of the tower? Excessive dust can cause all sorts of problems for you system to run smoothly.
I also notice you have been helped in the HJT forum a couple of times, the last being in July 2007. What Antispyware and AntiMalware software programs have you got installed with definitions up to date and running weekly on your system?
Post back with more information about your maintenance…….thanks
kind regards,
hi kirshna,
I'm glad tallin spotted this post and was able to help with some very good suggestions and some questions.
I'm a gamer also and have had to trouble shoot many issues with low FPS, lag etc. After you read and reply to Tallin I'll also chime in if I feel I have anything to contribute.
you're in very good hands with Tallin.
Tonka
Thanks you two for responding. Here's what i got for you.
Upon opening my Tower I discover
#1 the Powersuppy fan has died- Not good will be order a new one today
#2 the Cpu Cooler Fan is well coated in a layer of dust that not even highpowered air can remove-I need twessers or something to pull the bunny out. Any ideas?
I look into a new Cooler Fan but i'm having a terrible time matching my Chipset 848P Intel 4 with Hyper-Threading
After 2007 I purchased Bitdefender Antivirus v10 and it's doing it's job
I have AdAdware, ATF-Cleaner, Windows Defender and Spybot SD. Which I run about 3x a month.