This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Thumbnail cache

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just had a quick questions about the option under Control Panel > Folder Options > View > Do Not Cache Thumbnails. By default it is off but I'm considering turning it on as i have hidden files shown and thumbnails show up too in the most annoying places, however other hidden files I like to be able to see. So I was wondering if there is any significant difference in turning this option on other than the "Thumbs.db" files no longer showing up (which is + for me). Otherwise I think I'll turn it on to avoid the caches, I just want to be aware of any cons.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI