Hello
For some reason, I can't view(in windows explorer) the thumbnails of .mp4 .mkv .flv files anymore
I can see the thumbnails for some older videos with those extensions but that's probably because the folder is using old thumbs.db file
According to my observations, this has happened after I have installed smplayer and zoom player. Uninstalled both but thumbnails are not fixed.
What I have tried so far:
the common reg fixes I found with google searches
reinstalling k lite codec pack
deleting thumbs.db files
all to no avail.
It would be so great if someone helps me troubleshooting this problem and we find a fix. I'd be so grateful.
Thanks in advance
The first thing I would try is to create a new account and see if they show up there or not.
If yes, then you have the option of copying everything from the old account to the new one and deleting the old one once your satisfied everything copied over okay.
Would also be interesting to see if they show up in Safe Mode.
Hey again Ztruker
I have created a new account and they still don't work.
I have entered safe mode and no sign of mp4/mkv thumbnails there.
Most of the .flv now show thumbnails and newly downloaded .flv also show thumbnails. I tried downloading some .mp4, they don't work.
Anything else on your mind?
Thanks
I tried the registry fix and changed the options in haali media but it didn't do the trick
dаmn it I don't wanna reinstall, been going without format for 2+ years now.
Thanks for the links Ztruker
I'll try to try everything these days because I'm having an exam week, tournament coming this weekend and ISP changing. So the thumbnails are not really the priority here.
Just to let you know that I might not reply back with my thumbnail problem updates for some days.
Hello Ztruker,
extremely sorry for the loong delay but it's been a rough week for me.
We lost in the finals at the tournament but that's better than I expected since we had little to no training before the beginning.
Anyways, the first thing I tried was uninstalling k-lite codec pack and installing cccp. Guess what?
mp4 and mkv thumbnails are back!
However, with uninstalling k-lite now the .flv thumbnails are gone. And I have tons of flv files… what do we do?
I'm not quite sure cccp and k lite are compatible? I have this in my mind even though not certain about it but I see them like 2 different anti viruses… If you have both, you are doomed!
Perhaps, but it may also be order dependent. Maybe now that CCCP is installed, installing K-lite will give you back flv and not lose the others?
Worth a try.
Ok, so I updated the K-Lite Codec Pack to 570 (feb 2010) and now explorer (WinXP pro SP3) shows thumbnails for both “normal” flv-files and those with H.264/mp4 containers. Others may perhaps confirm this.
I wonder if updating to the latest K-lite would have resolved the problem?
Also wonder if this will work for Vista/Windows 7?
No I didn't see that one.
Before I uninstalled k lite I had the latest version of it and flv thumbnails were working fine. So yes, it would have resolved the problem.
I wouldn't know as to whether it would work for vista/7.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI