SunnySarahE
Topic Starter
I'm a newbie on this forum so bare with me.
I recently wiped my computer's memory and restarted everything about 1 month ago. All was well until a couple weeks ago. I'm no longer able to download things such as games, things like powerpoint viewer 07 off any website.
However I can view videos in things like mediaplayer and quicktime.
When I attempt to download something off the net (I have internet explorer 7.0) I click 'run', allow it to do the prelim download, and then when I try to run installing process, I get the following error:
"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."
I've tried to fix this problem by searching for anyone else having a similar problem and I've changed things such as my security settings on my internet options (which are currently on the lowest setting), and I am the administrator on my computer.
Please help.