While using IE 7 & IE 8 beta i keep having IE freeze and then I get this error
szAppName : iexplore.exe szAppVer : 8.0.6001.18241 szModName : hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000
This is continously happening and drives me crazy because I have to log back in to every site Im using at work……
Any help greatly appreciated
I see you did not compete your last posted HJT log July 6th with LDTate . It is very important that you answer the requests from the experts at the Malware forum when they take the trouble to reply to your thread.
If you need more help, open another link in the HJT forum, wait your turn as they are very busy and please do respond to the accredited Malware fighters when your log is answered.
Why are you running both IE 7.0 and IE beta 8.0 on your system?
I appreciate the help & because of it was able to get the issue resolved…….I tried to reply back but was unable to because the thread had been closed & will respond this time in a more timely fashion!
I am however still needing help resolving my current dilemma with regards to IE and the constant error message I keep recieving
szAppName : iexplore.exe szAppVer : 8.0.6001.18241 szModName : hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000
Slander98, have you tried uninstalling IE7 and reverting to IE6 to see if the problem also occurs there or not.
If not then it's something specific to the later browsers. If yes then it' something in XP and may not be browser specific. Knowing which can help identifying the problem.
Have you tried FireFox or Opera? Do you experience similar problems with them?
slander98 quote: I appreciate the help & because of it was able to get the issue resolved…….I tried to reply back but was unable to because the thread had been closed & will respond this time in a more timely fashion!
That's fine, as you realise all the helpers here are volunteers and give of their time freely to help.
tallin quote:Why are you running both IE 7.0 and IE beta 8.0 on your system?
You did not respond to my above question? If you are running IE, stick to one version or take Ztruker's advice and try Firefox for Opera. What versions of IE are showing in your Add and Remove?
I run IE 6.0 and would not be interested in updating to IE 7 at this stage.
I'm not using both ie 7 & 8 …….i was on 7 & upgraded in hopes of fixing the issue, plus I have to use Ie because of programs I use at work, I will try as you suggested & revert to ie 6 & report back
sorry.. I'm new here and also i'm Italian.. I have this problem.. this error..exactly the same
I have tried many solution.. to reinstall ie7 .. I have installed again ie8… I have searched for malaware.. but I can' solve my problem.. Ffox is working well.. but I need to use IE..
thanks for your attention
Please start your own thread in Browsers Internet and E-mail following the link in my signature at the bottom of this post. It is not wise nor correct to tag onto the end of anothers thread. If you post your own thread, you will then get the response to your error that you deserve.
iexplore.exe szAppVer : 8.0.6001.18241 szModName : hungapp
The answer apparently to this problem of IE8 hanging upon opening is to remove the search engine add-ons. I don't know which one is the culprit, but if you aren't using them, disable them all. I suspect the latest upgrade on Microsoft's tool bar add-on just pre-Bing is to blame…but I also disabled Google's and Verizon's as well and now I use IE8 with no hanging.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI