Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Please Help! Internet explorer hung app>>>>Closes ever

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 slander98

slander98

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:50 PM

While using IE 7 & IE 8 beta i keep having IE freeze and then I get this error szAppName : iexplore.exe szAppVer : 8.0.6001.18241 szModName : hungapp szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000 This is continously happening and drives me crazy because I have to log back in to every site Im using at work...... Any help greatly appreciated

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:39 PM

Hi stander98,

I see you did not compete your last posted HJT log July 6th with LDTate . It is very important that you answer the requests from the experts at the Malware forum when they take the trouble to reply to your thread.

If you need more help, open another link in the HJT forum, wait your turn as they are very busy and please do respond to the accredited Malware fighters when your log is answered.

Why are you running both IE 7.0 and IE beta 8.0 on your system?

kind regards,

#3 slander98

slander98

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:44 PM

I appreciate the help & because of it was able to get the issue resolved.......I tried to reply back but was unable to because the thread had been closed & will respond this time in a more timely fashion! I am however still needing help resolving my current dilemma with regards to IE and the constant error message I keep recieving szAppName : iexplore.exe szAppVer : 8.0.6001.18241 szModName : hungapp szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:08 PM

Slander98, have you tried uninstalling IE7 and reverting to IE6 to see if the problem also occurs there or not. If not then it's something specific to the later browsers. If yes then it' something in XP and may not be browser specific. Knowing which can help identifying the problem. Have you tried FireFox or Opera? Do you experience similar problems with them?

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#5 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:31 PM

Hi slander98,

slander98 quote: I appreciate the help & because of it was able to get the issue resolved.......I tried to reply back but was unable to because the thread had been closed & will respond this time in a more timely fashion!

That's fine, as you realise all the helpers here are volunteers and give of their time freely to help.

tallin quote:Why are you running both IE 7.0 and IE beta 8.0 on your system?

You did not respond to my above question? If you are running IE, stick to one version or take Ztruker's advice and try Firefox for Opera. What versions of IE are showing in your Add and Remove?

I run IE 6.0 and would not be interested in updating to IE 7 at this stage.

Keep us posted,

kind regards,

#6 slander98

slander98

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 12:44 PM

I'm not using both ie 7 & 8 .......i was on 7 & upgraded in hopes of fixing the issue, plus I have to use Ie because of programs I use at work, I will try as you suggested & revert to ie 6 & report back

Edited by slander98, 06 September 2008 - 12:48 PM.

#7 Paola

Paola

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:40 PM

sorry.. I'm new here and also i'm Italian.. I have this problem.. this error..exactly the same I have tried many solution.. to reinstall ie7 .. I have installed again ie8... I have searched for malaware.. but I can' solve my problem.. Ffox is working well.. but I need to use IE.. thanks for your attention

Edited by Paola, 12 December 2008 - 08:41 PM.

#8 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:21 PM

Posted Image Paola,

Please start your own thread in Browsers Internet and E-mail following the link in my signature at the bottom of this post. It is not wise nor correct to tag onto the end of anothers thread. If you post your own thread, you will then get the response to your error that you deserve.

Thank you with best regards,

#9 Paola

Paola

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:16 PM

ok.. thanks.. I will do it tomorrow..
here is very late in the night.. I can say very early in the morning.. and sorry again for my mistake

#10 jim101

jim101

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:35 AM

iexplore.exe szAppVer : 8.0.6001.18241 szModName : hungapp The answer apparently to this problem of IE8 hanging upon opening is to remove the search engine add-ons. I don't know which one is the culprit, but if you aren't using them, disable them all. I suspect the latest upgrade on Microsoft's tool bar add-on just pre-Bing is to blame...but I also disabled Google's and Verizon's as well and now I use IE8 with no hanging.