Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE 8 error

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Paola

Paola

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:33 AM

Hello all.. here my problem I'm using windowsXp SP2 While using IE 8 beta i keep having IE this error szAppName : iexplore.exe szAppVer : 8.0.6001.18241 szModName : hungapp szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000 IE try to open the page but asking me that the session was stopped wrong so asks me to restore the previews sessions or to go to the default page.. in both cases doesn't start and it opens 3 pages without address and no possibility to select anything I have used this program Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to clean all.. but nothing I have removed my Avast antivirus but nothing I have reloaded IE7 but nothing I tried to restore the configuration but I can't restore.. :( All the system is working well.. also the FF browser.. I have the necessity to use IE thanks for your support.. and sorry for my "bad" english

Edited by Paola, 13 December 2008 - 08:55 AM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:34 PM

Paola, uninstall IE8, shutdown, reboot then try reinstalling it, see if that makes a difference. Also, why is it necessary for you to use beta software?

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 Paola

Paola

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:27 PM

first of all thanks for your attention.. I'm really a stupid girl.. please excuse me.. but how I can do this.. I mean how can I unistall ie8? .. and for ie8 beta...you are right.. no needs.. my error was to try ie8 and now if I try to install again ie7 it says me that I have a more recent version so I can't..

#4 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:54 PM

first of all thanks for your attention..

I'm really a stupid girl.. please excuse me.. but how I can do this.. I mean how can I unistall ie8?
.. and for ie8 beta...you are right.. no needs.. my error was to try ie8 and now if I try to install again ie7 it says me that I have a more recent version so I can't..

Hi Paola,

Firstly no one is stupid, no question on this forum is stupid, the only stupid question is the one you do not ask us.

Go to this link to uninstall IE 8 and follow along with the suggestions fully.

Post back to ask any questions you like. We will all try to assist where possible. :thumbup:

Best regards,

Edit: Here it is in Italian for you to follow more easily :wavey:

Edited by tallin, 13 December 2008 - 05:02 PM.

#5 Paola

Paola

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:53 PM

oh.. thanks.. this is a procedure that i know.. all that is clear.. windows xp 1. Click the Start Button and select Control Panel. 2. Select Add or Remove Programs. 3. Find and select Windows Internet Explorer 8 from the list of available applications. 4. Click the Remove button. 5. Restart your system. ok.. but the problem is that the button "remove" isn't there.. :smack: see the image attached..

Attached Thumbnails

• ScreenShot002.jpg

Edited by Paola, 13 December 2008 - 05:53 PM.

#6 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:24 PM

Hi Paola,

Please post your attachment in English, sadly I do not speak Italian. :smack:

You are running Windows XP/SP2, so follow this link which I got from here, so you could browse the other links if the one I suggested does not work for you.

best regards,

#7 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:28 PM

Paola, I think your best bet is to contact Microsoft. They are offering free support for IE8 beta users. See this MS article:

http://www.microsoft...rt/call-us.aspx

Rich

#8 Paola

Paola

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:33 PM

ok.. now after a reinstall of ie8 I had again my remove button and so i applied the procedures as in the links above posted by you..

IE8 is now uninstalled.. but now IE7 doesn't work.. maybe now on my computer there is a "set" of versions installed/uninstalled.. I don't know..

#9 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:39 PM

Everything I've seen says the IE8 install overlays the IE7 install so I would not expect it to still work. Uninstalling IE8 should return you to IE7. Why do you need/want IE8 at this time. It's still beta code with lots of bugs.

Rich

#10 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:40 PM

Paola,

I suggest you roll back to IE 6,0 this way, or follow the good advice from Ztruker and contact Microsoft.

Google is your very best friend you know, so try it as it teaches you so much.

Best regards,

#11 Paola

Paola

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:42 PM

ok.. i will ask at microsoft..

I don't need ie8.. my mistake was to try it.. my stupidity.. of course.. thanks anyway.. ;)

Edit: ...and as said by tallin i'm searching with google all as I can find to help me.. :)

Edited by Paola, 13 December 2008 - 06:48 PM.

#12 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:35 PM

Paola, the more you use Google (or any search engine) the better you'll get. You learn over time how to phrase your searches. Keep plugging away. Please post back if we can help. Also, please let us know how Microsoft treats you when you contact them. My experience with them with other beta programs has been very positive.

Rich