Deleted Member
Topic Starter
Hi there.
So yesterday my computer was infected by some sort of virus that changed my desktop background to appear like a spyware warning screen "Warning! Win32/Virtumonde.exe", and disabled changing of the image. It also was changing any Google searches into Saveit.com and etc. sort of results. It also blocked most downloading and my internet ran slowly in general.
It's now at the point that when I log on (at boot up) it gives me the one minute auto-shutdown screen, claiming that Services.exe has failed, or something, and won't load the taskbar or any desktop icons. It causes a blue screen when using ALT-CTRL-DEL here. I've tried booting in Safe Mode, and the same thing happens.
I'm not sure what to do, as I can't even get to any command procedures.
Are there any boot programs that would allow me to run HijackThis! or at least disable the auto shutdown so I could log in?
Sorry for the lack of the log, I'm having to use a different computer to even post this.
Thanks in advance.