ohnoeee
Topic Starter
– Edit - Update -
While browsing around, I ended up on a site that automatically installed some software on me, with no button to exit out of it.
It was called Malware Protector 2008. Ironically it is Malware itself, google wont even bring up any results on the so called product.
So now I had Malware on the computer… I get this blue background on the desktop with this message.
Warning!
Spyware detected on your computer!
Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer
Plus, bugs crawl all over the screen as a quick screensaver…
I believe this screen was also included in the Malware that installed itself on here.
I ran AVG quite a few times, and for some reason it would find new things constantly even after scanning it (but I think it would always do that).
After disconnecting the external hard drives, I ran AVG more times to get results quicker (even though I could have just selected the main drive to scan).
But the big problem came up as "ttE.tmp virus - win32/Heur", among many of the minor looking problems. I healed these items and restart the system.
C:\Documents and Settings\Havoc\Local Settings\Temp\.ttE.tmp (2768);"Virus found Win32/Heur";"Reboot is required to finish the action"
It still had the same problems, so I went into the scan settings and enabled all of the different kinds of objects to be scanned.
After leaving the computer for a few hours to let it scan, I got a lot more of these "Potentially dangerous object" results in local settings\temp.
I still had some form of this "ttE.tmp virus - win32/Heur" and many more issues on there from the results, so I let it heal them.
When it asked if I was sure I wanted to heal some items (didn't even tell me which) that may harm the computer, I clicked "no".
This window came up several times so I clicked the little box for the response to be the same each time.
After a bit, I got the blue screen of death…
I restarted the computer as normal, everything seemed fine, except I still had the Malware and a massive list of new problems, one was that the recycling bin wouldn't show anything in there when deleting, right clicks rarely worked, ect. I noticed I didn't update to the newest Windows update, but after hearing someone questioning if it was worth it or caused problems, I put it off for awhile. So I just updated that, and the faulty functions were cured, but still had the Malware issue.
*UPDATED* with logs
I looked at similar problems around the board and tried what was suggested, yet I still keep getting and seeing this virus/malware whenever I restart.
Instead of the previous fake product name, there was a new one
I've bought and tried these programs in the following order
Spybot - Search & Destroy
AVG
CCleaner
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
SmitfraudFix
hijackthis (for log)
My computer is much faster now… but the Malware still exists
I really need to get this fixed soon, please help!
While browsing around, I ended up on a site that automatically installed some software on me, with no button to exit out of it.
It was called Malware Protector 2008. Ironically it is Malware itself, google wont even bring up any results on the so called product.
So now I had Malware on the computer… I get this blue background on the desktop with this message.
Warning!
Spyware detected on your computer!
Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer
Plus, bugs crawl all over the screen as a quick screensaver…
I believe this screen was also included in the Malware that installed itself on here.
I ran AVG quite a few times, and for some reason it would find new things constantly even after scanning it (but I think it would always do that).
After disconnecting the external hard drives, I ran AVG more times to get results quicker (even though I could have just selected the main drive to scan).
But the big problem came up as "ttE.tmp virus - win32/Heur", among many of the minor looking problems. I healed these items and restart the system.
C:\Documents and Settings\Havoc\Local Settings\Temp\.ttE.tmp (2768);"Virus found Win32/Heur";"Reboot is required to finish the action"
It still had the same problems, so I went into the scan settings and enabled all of the different kinds of objects to be scanned.
After leaving the computer for a few hours to let it scan, I got a lot more of these "Potentially dangerous object" results in local settings\temp.
I still had some form of this "ttE.tmp virus - win32/Heur" and many more issues on there from the results, so I let it heal them.
When it asked if I was sure I wanted to heal some items (didn't even tell me which) that may harm the computer, I clicked "no".
This window came up several times so I clicked the little box for the response to be the same each time.
After a bit, I got the blue screen of death…
I restarted the computer as normal, everything seemed fine, except I still had the Malware and a massive list of new problems, one was that the recycling bin wouldn't show anything in there when deleting, right clicks rarely worked, ect. I noticed I didn't update to the newest Windows update, but after hearing someone questioning if it was worth it or caused problems, I put it off for awhile. So I just updated that, and the faulty functions were cured, but still had the Malware issue.
*UPDATED* with logs
I looked at similar problems around the board and tried what was suggested, yet I still keep getting and seeing this virus/malware whenever I restart.
Instead of the previous fake product name, there was a new one
I've bought and tried these programs in the following order
Spybot - Search & Destroy
AVG
CCleaner
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
SmitfraudFix
hijackthis (for log)
My computer is much faster now… but the Malware still exists
I really need to get this fixed soon, please help!
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:01:31 PM, on 6/4/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\Mixer\CTSVolFE.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.avg.com/ww.special-toolbar-first-run-tlbrc
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\GRA8E1~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: AVGTOOLBAR - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: AVGTOOLBAR - {A057A204-BACC-4D26-9990-79A187E2698E} - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\AVGTOO~1.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BluetoothAuthenticationAgent] "rundll32.exe" bthprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE" /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE" /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] "RUNDLL32.EXE" C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] "nwiz.exe" /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLA] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelZeroConfig] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe" /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTSVolFE.exe] "C:\Program Files\Creative\Mixer\CTSVolFE.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lphc521j0e9d3] C:\WINDOWS\system32\lphc521j0e9d3.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Startup: Memeo AutoBackup Launcher.lnk.disabled
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk.disabled
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Synchronizer.lnk.disabled
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\GR99D3~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Autodesk Licensing Service - Autodesk - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe
O23 - Service: AVG8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: MBAMService - Malwarebytes - C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
O23 - Service: mental ray 3.5 Satellite (32-bit) (mi-raysat_3dsmax9_32) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 9\mentalray\satellite\raysat_3dsmax9_32server.exe
O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: ProtexisLicensing - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PSIService.exe
O23 - Service: RapApp - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\ISS\BlackICE\rapapp.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Service (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: TabletServiceWacom - Wacom Technology, Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Wacom_Tablet.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless SSO Service (WLANKEEPER) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE