I am trying to connect my Sony Vaio Laptop, VGN-NR11Z, to my 32" Sony Bravia HDTV, KDL 32U3000. I am trying to use a VGA connection. My laptop was on Windows Vista and the connection between my tele and laptop was fine, but I have recently changed back to Windows XP as I find it easier to use and now I have found that when I now try to connect the two with a VGA cable there is no sync between the tele and the laptop.
I am thinking there is a driver out there somwhere that I need to install but I can not find anything suitable!!!
I would be very grateful if anybody could help me re-connect the two devices…
Thanks, Phil.
How did you go back to XP? Did you go out to Sony and download and install all the latest XP drivers for that laptop after you changed back to XP? In particular, the graphics drivers? If not, then your graphics system is likely running with plain old vanilla XP drivers
I am not really into laptops, err, I guess notebooks is the better term, since they are not made to sit on your lap, but rather a hard surface for ventilation, but those I have used out of necessity required a Function key combo, Fn + some other key, to toggle the video-out between the notebook's monitor, external monitor, and both - remembering that notebooks are designed for road warriors and briefing rooms. If the toggle was not set to ext. or both, the external monitor would not get a signal. I am being lazy this morning or I would download the manual for your notebook to see how yours functions - I suspect your toggle is something similar. I would check that and if it does not work properly, then you need to head out to Sony and download the necessary XP drivers for your notebook.
Verify your external monitor is set to display that input too.
I went back to XP using an disc I had with a previos laptop. So I have to press the function button along with another button, once the laptop and tele are connected via the VGA cable? Do you know which button it is because I have tried several and none so far have worked??? Do I not need to install a driver or anything like that to get my laptop to work through my tele??
Thanks for the help so far!!!