This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Connecting laptop to tv

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a laptop and I am interested in connecting it to my television so that I can watch movies on my television through my laptop. I have a hp hdx 16 laptop. The video card is a nvidia geforce 130m. The outputs it has are vga and hdmi. My television has a standard red, yellow, white rca input. I would like to know what kind of cable or connector I can buy so that I can do this and where I can find one that is inexpensive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi your local shop should be able to supply the cables you need and these are not expensive. In the Uk I use either Radio Shack or Maplins for this type of stuff.
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/
or http://www.maplin.co.uk/Home.aspx

Ebay can also be useful…but proceed with caution…

Here's a link to a tutorial that should provide everything you need to know on how to achive your ideal set up.
http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_connect_pc2tv.php
Good luck with this
Regards
paws
After doing some research I came across two cables that I think should do the trick. I would like to make sure though. If I hooked THIS into the vga out on my laptop and used THIS to connect the svideo and my audio into my tv, would that work?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI