This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Blinking Monitor

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I purchased a Gateway FPD1975W about a year and 1/2 ago and yesterday it started continuously blinking, going blank and giving the no signal message. It does this as soon as the comp is turned on. I plugged the monitor into an old tower I had and it does the exact same thing. Im currently using an old 15" flat panel Dell( which still works perfectly). Im wondering if there is something I can do, or have I just got a faulty monitor that must be replaced? This is the first time this monitor has given me problems. Thanks
Since you tried it on a second PC and the problem followed the monitor, you have done all that you can do. There are no user serviceable parts in the monitor. I am surprised there is only a 1 year warranty and not three. Most LCDs fail due to a bad backlight or inverter - parts can cost from about $65 to $120 and take no more than 2 hours labor for an experienced technician.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI