This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Monitor buzzing and kinda blinking

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I have LCD Asus vw192s 19'' monitor. I think it's about 4 years old. Several months ago I noticed increased buzzing/noise coming out of it. Not really a problem but if it's really silent around you it was noticable. Sometimes it was louder, sometimes quiter. Now, the noise increased and another problem appeared, it kinda started blinking. Hard to explain, not really blinking but it's a series of really fast and short brightness increase and decrease. It last randomly, sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes more, sometimes less. It can stop and not appear for hour and appear again. A friend suggested trying different cables, both the vga and the power cord. I tried other cables and the problem still persisted. :( I'm assuming bad capacitors? I talked to the guy(from who I bought the monitor) on the phone and he said they fix LCD monitors for 40 bucks. Is it worth fixing or I should plan on buying a new one?
For $40 if it comes with a warranty, I would say it is worth it. Just make sure that price includes parts. If it doesn't, then I would shop around for a new monitor.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI