This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problem with explorer!

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, the problem started some days ago. I have not done any updates or installed any programs lately. This problem started out of the blue. When I start the computer everything seems fine, but as soon as I press the start button explorer hangs. But sometimes i can start IE, but when I then click the start button they both hang!! I can stil use firefox, but as soon as I then touch the start button with the mouse courser, explorer hangs. Here is the information from vista: Produkt Windows Explorer Problem Sluttet å svare, og ble lukket Dato 11.08.2008 11:38 Status Rapport sendt Beskrivelse Det oppstod et problem som førte til at dette programmet sluttet å kommunisere med Windows. Problemsignatur Problemhendelsesnavn: AppHangB1 Programnavn: Explorer.EXE Programversjon: 6.0.6001.18000 Tidsstempel for program: 47918e5d Hengesignatur: 9117 Hengetype: 1 OS-versjon: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3 ID for nasjonal innstilling: 1044 Tilleggshengesignatur 1: f7eeed9a7b6efec322de0c39516c7145 Tilleggshengesignatur 2: bbb6 Tilleggshengesignatur 3: 1cbede938adea58f996a91f99323cd7a Tilleggshengesignatur 4: 9117 Tilleggshengesignatur 5: f7eeed9a7b6efec322de0c39516c7145 Tilleggshengesignatur 6: bbb6 Tilleggshengesignatur 7: 1cbede938adea58f996a91f99323cd7a Ekstra informasjon om problemet Minneområde-ID: 167802387 Any idea? -Acer aspire 5610Z laptop, 2GB ram, T2080 @ dual 1.73GHZ -Windows vista home premium Thank you for any help!
It sounds like your computer's language is set on something other than English. Are you aware of that? Since I doubt many people who can help you speak that language, can you please go to Control Panel > Regional Language Options and change it to English (United States), then give us that information again, thank you. Also, your saying every time you try to click the Start button to bring up the Start Menu, your computer freezes?
Not every single time. But almost. I can use firefox for surfing, but its very annoying. I can translate the error message, if anyone wants to help me. Thanks.
Yes if you could translate the message that would help most people determine what the problem is (including me), go ahead and post the same error again but in English.
Product Windows explorer Problem Stopped responding and was closed Date 11.08.2008 11:38 Status Raport sent Description A problem occoured who made windows stop communicating with the program Problemsignature Problemaccouringname: AppHangB1 Programname: Explorer.exe Programversion: 6.0.6001.18000 Timestamp for the program: 47918e5d Occouringsignature: 9117 Hangtype: 1 Os-version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3 ID for national settings: 1044 Extrainformationsignature 1: f7eeed9a7b6efec322de0c39516c7145 Extrainformationsignature 2: bbb6 Extrainformationsignature 3: 1cbede938adea58f996a91f99323cd7a Extrainformationsignature 4: 9117 Extrainformationsignature 5: f7eeed9a7b6efec322de0c39516c7145 Extrainformationsignature 6: bbb6 Extrainformationsignature 7: 1cbede938adea58f996a91f99323cd7a Extra information about the problem Memoryarea-ID: 167802387 Any questions, just ask. Thanks.
Does this error occur only when your using Internet Explorer or does it happen even when our just going through files and folders. Also the same problem occurs when you use FireFox correct? If you could tell me how much RAM and how much disc space you have left that would help.
It occurs also when I'm using firefox. Like now it has been working for like 4 hours aprox. But I have not touched the start button in that time. So I bet if I press the start button now, it wil freeze. I have 2GB ram and 10 GB free disk space.
Does it occur any time outside of IE or FF? Such as if your writing a Word Document and then you click the start button, does it work then? Also, if it works outside of your Internet programs, check your add-ons. If you have a lot of them try to remove an unnecessary ones and see if it decreases the amount of times the Start button freezes when you click it.
Slasherkill, Clear all of your Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files in FireFox Clear your JAVA Cache Clear your DNS Server The above may not "fix" your problem if it has invaded into your IE Application or system, but "will" remove the most likely sources of such problems. Best Regards, Doug
It seems as if the problem is gone. If it was the new updates from microsoft or the things we discussed above I don't know. But this thread can be closed. Thank you for your help!
Slasherkill, We're glad you got is sorted out. If you eventually discover what caused the problem, please post back with that information to help other readers. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI