badrobot
Topic Starter
I have had some sort of problem with IE for ages (I run Windows XP) and switched over to Firefox about a year ago, which has been great. Except I wanted to use MSN Messenger, and it wouldn't work, and I figured it was an IE problem, and recently tried various methods of reinstalling or editing IE to get it to work. I am able to use both IE and now MSN Messenger, however a more serious problem has come up. Whenever, in any program, I try to open files, if I click to browse other folders or anything like that, the system hangs and freezes for a minute or two before allowing me to look through folders. It appears I screwed up something in Windows Explorer.
Any suggestions or ideas on how this can be fixed? I fear I may have done some damage.
Thank you.