This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Explorer crashing

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi!
I posted a topic in the HTJ removal forum and now I know that my problem is not casued by malware.
Link to topic:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Explorer_exe_crashing_all_time_t103598.html

I have some problems with my new PC. Sometimes when I browse my files, any kind of files, explorer.exe hangs and can't generaly not be restarted until drwtsn32.exe is closed (it's process). This is very anoying. Can anyone give me a hint on wy this happends?

If anyone want my PC spec plz say so and I post em :)
Hi Acuena. Being that it is explorer crashing, I would say that your problem might be related to a faulty drive, or bad network connection. I've heard of having lots of invalid links in "My Network Places" can cause issues. Please verify that all your drives including CD-roms, and external drives that you have hooked up are functioning normally by putting in discs, or browsing through them. Maybe one of the CD-Roms is acting up or something. Try to narrow down if the problem occurs only when there is a certain disc in the drive, or when a certain flashdrive is plugged in, or when a certain printer is plugged in. (Printers have flash card readers often times and they act like drives also) So, try unplugging all this stuff from the computer for a while to see if it resolves any problems. If you open My Network Places, see if there are a lot of things listed there. You can erase all that out of there by selecting and deleting it. You might also have a problem with your hard drive… I would recommend scanning it for bad sectors. Click start -> run -> type 'cmd' and press ENTER. At the command prompt, type "chkdsk /r" and press ENTER. When prompted about scheduling the scan during the next restart, answer YES. Restart your computer and be patient while chkdsk scans your hard drive for file system problems and bad sectors. Keep your eye open for any warning messages about bad clusters. Let me know what you find out.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI