This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

SLOOOOW Data transfer

19 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

drragostea : A GREAT big OOOPS ……. :smack: …….SORRY , it WAS HFCG's tip…Not Doug's (altho he DID help) My apologies to HFCG…My VERY BEST REGARDS to ALL……RON…….PS ; HFCG also reccomended ATF & it seems OK… I'm not sure who recc'd Glary Reg Clnr… (another thread , another site )…I'll use that one as you advised & WITH caution….
Doug ;

The net zero software may be corrupted, but if you can not download the software from netzero it will be hard to reinstall it.
First, your internet download speed will be slow with dial up.
If you can download please go here and download ATF cleaner.(and use it as directed on the site)
Please go to your control panel and:

  • Open add/remove programs.
  • In add and remove programs please look for Internet explorer 6.
  • Remove Internet explorer 6.
Then go here and follow the directions.

…Doug….Is this a reccomendation for ATF or what ! ! :unsure: Altho he's not outright saying " I reccomend it"…It could be taken that it is….I used your link to Bill Castner's post & read every word…I believe drragostea also frowned on registry cleaners….As soon as I'm offline I'LL give the boot to Glary Registry Cleaner…And thanks to you,drragostea & Mr. Castner , I will NEVER , EVER get OR use any cleaner…PERIOD !! See I AM learning from you guys….How about ATF ??? I'm not asking for nor expect ANY kind of reccomendation here…Is it wise to use it OR should I get rid of that also….MANY , MANY Thanks
ATF cleaner is not a registry cleaner. As the name says "Atribune temporary file cleaner" it cleans out the temp folder (better than disc clean up) I do recommend ATF cleaner, it is a usefull program. Registry cleaners are most likely scams. I do not use them, and do not recommend them.
HFCG: Thanks for clearing that up for me…..BTW, Where do you guys get those Avatars ? ?….I went to My Profile & found nada…I thought there might be a selection there….Thanks, RON :popcorn: PS: I caught on to those Registry Cleaner guys REAL QUICK…Registry Mechanic etc , ALL garbage…..
My avitar came from the Microsoft logo builder site, which you have to be a microsoft certified professional to access. On Geeks to go I use a picture of my cat. You can find images on the Internet, or use a picture, or create your own image.
Ah. Then Doug, I'll word it as "gain vs. benefit". :thumbup:

HFCG, would you consider ATF (having the same benefits) as CCleaner (without the registry tool)?

In my opinion, I would have seen it as the same. Just that ATF is the mini-version ^_^.

About registry cleaners, yes I frown on that too :P. What I do truly dislike is that, companies on the web 'claim' preposterous statements, such as:
  • Over 94% of computer users have registry errors (I believe that was from UniBlue).
  • The cause of your system slow downs and crashes are due to registry problems, download (this) to fix it.
  • We have testimonials from our products users who said "My computer was like new after running your tool!".

See what I mean. :mellow:
drragostea : In reply to today's post about registry cleaners , I AGREE with everything you said …HFCG; In reply to yesterday's post , That explains those great Avatars…Since I don't yet have the expertise to install one of my own, I'LL do without..( Fine by me )…..Since this thread appears to be turning into a Blog & off topic , I want to bid a final farewell & thanks to ALL who have helped me SOLVE my problems…You CAN bet the bank , if I have any other comp probs , I'LL be back…( OK , Who groaned? :woot: )…..Till next time , BEST of HEALTH , HAPPINESS , & PROSPERITY……:popcorn:….Ron.M

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI