This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Help needed with XP and websites problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I really hope someone can help me out here. My system somehow got infested by a spyware that resisted all attempts to delete so I decided my only option was to backup my data and format the drive. I have done it many times before and was confident I could reinstall XP. I preceeded to do that and ensured I updated from the windows site. I then decided to download additional programs I am fond of like Hello and Picasa, however that is when I noticed a problem. Neither sites loaded properly and whilst downloading the software the transfer rate halted and an error appears 'server connection has been reset'. I assumed it was a glitch on the Hello site but the same happened on other sites I visited. So basically since formatting nd reinstalling XP I am unable to download anything from any site with the exception of the Microsoft site! I have a good grasp of the basics like internet options and control panel settings and as far as I know they are as the should be. I would really appreciate some help or advice with this weird and annoying problem.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI