This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Upload Tests Fail (speedtest.com, etc.)

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Have no idea what to do or how to diagnose this issue. I have an hp pavillion a1710n 320gb hd, 2gb memory w/ AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core processor purchased in 2007 and have Comcast high speed (yeah right) internet. A few days ago decided to do a system recovery to start fresh since I have been plagued for the past year with constant internet drops, lost network signals, slowww browsing, and inability to upload photos to facebook and the like. Figured I must have a virus, malware, or whatever since I had been downloading various things from mininova, and thepiratebay. Well, after countless Comcast service calls, which resulted in new cables, splitters, pole checks, etc., they suggested my signal was excellent and that I should backup and do a clean install of my pc. I must say, this being the second day since I performed the system recovery, it has been pretty smooth sailing as far as no internet drops but I STILL can't upload any pictures and I've yet to see the "high speed" in my service. ANY help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time. Robin :pullhair:
Hi Robin. Are you connected wirelessly with this computer? Your symptoms of slow and problematic internet connections sounds strictly wireless related. As far as uploading photos to facebook, you may want to make sure adobe flashplayer and Java runtime are up to date. www.adobe.com www.java.com

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI