This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Sandisk Cruzer

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Any experience to share with Sandisk Cruzer Titanium failure? I guess I have had mine for about 3 years; today, while transferring files onto it, it suddenly froze & I cannot open the contents at all. Clicking on Removable Disk in My Computer window produces this popup: H:\is not accessible. Incorrect function. And that is that. The assigned name (Sandisk) fails to display, although the system recognizes the device as such. Properties shows zero capacity. Any way to recover data on it?
flash memory devices do have a limited lifespan, depending on the number of read/write cycles. Once your device is in an inoperative state there is very little that you can do except replace it and restore data to it. This is one reason why I suggest DVD for back up storage.
As much as I thought - the thing dying on me in the midst of file transfer was rather telling. Little data got lost since I make backups all over the place, but I had some portable software on it, which is annoying. So the only thing to do now with the Titanium is drive a truck over it & see whether it holds its promise not to break under the weight.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI