This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Disk Drive Problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am having problems with my disk drive. I recently was at staples and came across Sim City 4 and was like… man I miss that game…. So I bought it and went to install it. It was about halfway through and it froze and became unresponsive. I stopped the installation and uninstalled the sim city files. When I went to try to reinstall it the drive started making some funny sounds and won't read the disk. The eject button still works fine but nothing seems to be reading. I also tried to throw some songs on a disk and nothing. Any ideas?
Are you talking about your hard drive or your optical drive?? :huh: If your optical drive it sounds like it has failed and needs to be replaced. By chance you are talking about your hard drive you need to immediately backup your data and replace the hard drive. IMHO what you are speaking of is your optical drive AKA your cdrom drive. From your description it sounds like the drive has not only suffered a mechanical failure but also the laser has died which is why it won't read anything. Is this a desktop or laptop?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI