This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

CURSOR PROBLEM

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:pullhair: Hi to all you experts out there, I seek your help with a cursor problem. When I go into my Windows XP Internet Explorer Home Page and point the arrow to the Organize Favorites Button the following message appears in a box; An error has occurred in this dialog. Error 54 or 121 Unspecified error. OK. The OK button has to be pressed two or three times before the message goes. If I point the arrow to the information box and click, nothing happens.I am using Google to reach you. Regards Malc
Hi I reported a cursor problem on July 12. I hoped that someone would be able to help me. However as yet no one has contacted me. It has now developed into a position where I can not access my Home Page by clicking on my Desk Top icon. Please HELP.
Hi there MALC.
sorry. just read your post. well im a new member. ^_^

anyway, try repairing the internet explorer. or alternately download and install another browser. try firefox. work on firefox first and see if you're still having issues. if not then it's your internet explorer that might be corrupted. visit How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer in Windows XP to try repairing IE.

you can also edit the registry to uninstall the IE.

to access registry,

start> run> type in regedit then press enter.

in the registry editor window, expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE> Microsoft> Active Setup> Installed Components> 89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383.

click on 89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383 and on the right pane look for IsInstalled. double click on it and change the value from 1 to 0. then close registry editor.

now you can reinstall internet explorer. reinstall IE. at the bottom part just choose the right OS so you can install IE7.

best of luck!
~silverphhoenix~

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI