This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Blinking cursor and other weirdness

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've had this problem since day 1. It is Vista home premium 64bit. Whenever I'm in Explorer, and only Explorer, the cursor blinks back and forth between arrow and hourglass. When I am trying to save something and the dialog box opens with directories, when I try to pull it down and change the path, the pull down pops back up like a window shade! ;-) I cannot get it to stay down even if the cursor enters the window. I have to work around it by doiung "up directory" only. Help! Thanks, George Oregon
Greetings and sorry for the delayed response. What is the exact make and model of the computer? If it is new have you considered utilizing your warranty options?
Did you ever get a response to your flashing cursor issue. It seems to be a common FX6800 issue including mine. The fix seems to be to go to Device Manager Sound-Video Controllers find the item ATI HDMI Audio right click on it and disable it. (yes AUDIO!!!) I fixed mine back in Feb with no issue, then it just came back today when I updated my ATI drivers, so I had to remember how to refix it.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI