I know I've seen the answer to this before and thought I had recorded it in my Tiips DB but can't find it now.
How do I stop WMP 9 from automatically ripping (Copying) a CD when I first insert it in the drive. Copy CD when insterted is unchecked on the Copy Music tab.
Hey Ztrucker! Nice to see you here
Right, if you have Windows Media Player open, mouse over the "Rip" tab.
In the bottom of the rip tab, you can see a little arrow. Click that.
Then select the menu option: "More Options".
In this menu it should have the option to turn this feature off.
Regards,
Olrik
Hmm, Sorry.
What about the Tools menu -> Options.
In the options there should be a tab about ripping.
I don't have a machine myself to test on I'm afraid.
Regards,
Olrik
Hey Ztruker,
Just curious if you got around in trying the registry edit.
if it works I'd better add it to my database of fixes
P.S. Sorry for the bump.
Regards,
Olrik
Sorry for the long delay, I got hooked on reading some SF books again and have not been on the computer much recently.
Customer took the machine home before I had a chance to try it. I gave him the regedit to try if he wants.
I have WMP9 on my system but do not have the problem with it auto-ripping. I'll play with it a bit though and see if I can make it happen then fix it, all via the regedit.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI