This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Exporting audio from a video

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey, I have a music video (downloaded legally) that I want to take the audio off to be able to put it onto a music cd. Is there anyway to do this, like through Movie maker, I thought there was but I can't find the option maybe it was on iMovie. Thanks, ~Matt :-)
Hi,

I haven't had much experience with Windows Movie Maker, but I'm pretty sure theres an option for that in Itunes. What kind of file is it? (AVI, mpg?)

If its an AVI file, try this program: http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

After you download it, and unzip it, run VirtualDub.exe. In there click File –> Open Video File. Find the file and import it.

Then click File –> Save WAV. Save the WAV file somewhere and then you should be able to burn it.

Danny :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI