This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Having problems syncing music from WMP to Mp3 player [Closed]

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have used my Windows Media Player to rip & sync music from my CDs many times, but today I can not get it to let me drag the ripped music to the list to sync. I have Windows 10 on my laptop. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks so much

Hello beadwomann and welcome to the WTT forum.

My name is Satchfan and I would be glad to help you with your computer problem.

This doesn’t sound like a malware problem but we’ll have a look at your system and see if there is anything showing up.

===================================================

Note: Please run these in the order given in the instructions.

===================================================

Download and run AdwCleaner

Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.

  • run AdwCleaner by clicking on Scan Now
  • when it has finished, leave everything that was found checked, (ticked), then click on Clean and Repair
  • if it asks to reboot, allow the reboot
  • on reboot a log will be produced; please attach the content of the log to your next reply.

===================================================

Run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

  • right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • press Scan button
  • it will produce a log called Frst.txt in the same directory the tool is run from
  • please copy and paste log back here.
  • the first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the Frst.txt into your reply.

Logs to include with next post:

AdwCleaner log
Frst.txt
Addition.txt


Thanks

Satchfan

Hi beadwomann

It has been 3 days since I replied to your request for help with your computer problems.

Please let me know if you are having problems and still need help.

If I do not hear from you within 24 hours I'll close this topic.

Satchfan

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI