This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Question of legality

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've got a laptop with no operating system on it. It has a windows me product key on the bottom of it. I was wondering if it would be legal to download a copy of windows me and then use the product key on the bottom of the laptop.
Hello, I would like to caution you that downloads of any Windows operating system will more than likely be infested with mal-ware. If you download ME from the web it will be corrupt, and full of spyware, and viruses. The legal issue, you have a valid key for this machine so you should be legally able to reinstall ME. I would suggest that you try to find a recovery disc set for this machine, you will have to do some looking but should be able to find a set.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI