Well if my pc is fine then why do I have that startup/repair mode thingy? I am beginning to think that probably i got a defective piece in the first place? i just need your advice about whether i am right in thinking so. anyway i have to still go ahead with all those steps you mentioned and if i encounter any problems during then, i will post.
thanks so much for ur help.
there's nothing like %SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe
i tried copy pasting it , typing it n everything but it just gives some error prompt saying that "windows cannot find 'C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." I have vista so probbaly some options may be different, i dont have a 'run' prompt here, i just have 'start search' in the bar after i click on the windows logo(there's a windows logo button instead of the traditional start button in here)
Hi
I had various options to choose a restore point when i openened system restore. All of them had some or the other driver/software installation/uninstallation dates.I chose the last one(the one which had java installed, since that was the last thing i installed yesterday), it worked and the system restarted, but now i checked(after system restart)….java is gone
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI