This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Hacked and kicked off computer

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I have a Windows XP, SP2. Its a P4,Sony Vaio machine. I have zonelarm,regularly run malawares antimalaware etc. Last night I realized I was infected by the fake xp security center virus, which started popping up fake trojans that it found…Then I realized it had somehow disabled malawares as well, since I could not run it when I double click the shortcut on my desktop. I shut down computer last night and today when I tried to boot it up, it took me the OS screen with following options: restart windows in following modes 1) safe mode 2) safe mode with command prompt 3) safe mode with networking 4) prev known safe state of windows ( or something to that effect) 5) start normally. Options 1,2,3 appear to run and then just restart computer and go back to above screen options 4,5 appear to go further and I see winxp logo followed by intel logo and hten it restrats and gets back to same screen.. So I am even unable to debug this in safe mode !!!! Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance, Sridhar
Thanks LDTate, for that, but I think my main issue now is how to get on the computer again since it restarts every time I try to get in. Windows recovery console is useless since it asks me for some admin password that I have never set. Am trying to get a friends XP home CD to use in hope that repair option will at least restore system files and allow me to log in. After which I will try your solution. thanks Sridhar
Did you try booting in "Safe Mode" Restart your computer. Press F8 at the Starting Windows 95 message. Choose Safe Mode from the Windows 95 Startup Menu then press Enter. This can take several miniutes to load.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI