This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Spyware.Cometcursor

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

A few days ago, my mother ran Norton Full System Scan on her PC, and it found Spyware.Cometcursor, and said it had been safely removed. However, she ran the scan again, and guess what?? It was still there…. :angry: I have since run the scan myself, checked where it says this thing is hiding, tried to manually delete it, but the files ain't there?! I've booted the computer in Safe Mode, run the scan thinking the main process would be inactive in safe mode, but it still shows up…. I even tried to find the main dll file, but even that doesn't seem to exisit, despite Norton saying it does…. :pullhair: I tried to ask Symantec for help, which they were more than willing to do, as long as I paid £69.99?! All I wanted was some advise on how to get rid of the pesky thing?! :smack: I would greatly appreciate any advise on this, as I'm slowly reaching for the sledgehammer…. :wall:
[external image: Posted Image]

If you still need help, Scan again with HijackThis, and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI