This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Newbie!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi! Stumbled upon this forum whilst trying to find some sort of solution to removing Spyware.Cometcursor…. Tried to get Symantec to help, but they wanted over £70?! So I'm open to any suggestions (apart from a sledgehammer), as to how to remove this pesky thing! :wacko: I've run Norton Full System Scan several times after trying all sorts of things (Running PC in safe mode, trying to delete the files {which weren't there??}), and each scan still shows this Cometcursor… I would really appreciate ANY suggestions on how I can remove this….. As I'm slowly losing patience with it!! :pullhair:
Hm, CometCursor. I would suggest you save the money for the sledgehammer.
I'm just kiddin'.

Visit the Malware Forums if the malware is persistent to remove:
Malware Forums

Do you have any other AS (anti-spyware) tools on your computer? How about a firewall?
Hi Eric! We only have Norton Internet Security. It's got a built in Firewall I believe! I will check out the malware forums, see what's there! Thanks again!
Yes, Norton IS has a built-in firewall. You just gotta know how to tame" Norton then you're fine. Problem is that Norton (Symantec) charges ridiculous prices for their products, :P, that's why I use avast! 4. Keep Norton updated and safe surfing.