This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Browserla.dll is Infected

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am currently running Norton System Works 2005 and Spybot - Search and Destroy on another computer. I have taken it offline because Norton has identified it as having a Trojan Downloader. When I ran Norton Antivirus, it found 42 infected files and was able to remove/repair 40 and delete 1. The remaining file is "c:\WINDOWS\system32\browserla.dll". Norton cannot remove, repair, delete, or quarantine it (even in SAFE MODE). I navigated to it in Windows Explorer and tried to delete it, but was told that it was being used by another user or program. I went into Task Manager and tried to stop the running processes, but wasn't sure which ones I could stop without halting the computer. I know that "explorer.exe" needs to remain running, but when I tried to stop the 3 "svchost.exe" files the computer seemed to lock up (keyboard wouldn't input and mouse wouldn't move). Do you have any suggestions on what I could do to remove this last infected file? Thanks
Download win32delfkil.exe.
Save it on your desktop.

Double click on win32delfkil.exe and install it. This creates a new folder on your desktop: win32delfkil.

Close all windows, open the win32delfkil folder and double click on fix.bat.
The computer will reboot automatically. If not please restart manually

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI