This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

No ipconfig ?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am using XP Home on this ThinkPad. I click Start, Run and enter ipconfig /all. When I click Enter, the black command-prompt window opens and closes, all in a flash. Can any kind person tell me how to put this right ?
No, I did not use any punctuation at all. However, I have just clicked Start, Run and entered cmd, then clicked OK. I then entered ipconfig /all, and that gave me what I need. Thank you for your interest.
Hello,
You need to open the command prompt window first.
  • Click on start
  • select run.
  • type cmd
In the command prompt window you can run the ipconfig commands.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI